Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree252Likes

Team Associated B74.1

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-26-2020, 06:24 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B74.1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
*B74.1 Tuning Parts Guide*
Hi all, with the B74.1 now available and with many important detailed changes to key tuning parts, I have put together a quick reference guide to allow you to compare B74 and B74.1 settings. I have included the typical outdoor settings we use but the changes translate across all surfaces.

Any questions, please ask away

​​​Original post here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...96568894020064

Thanks to Petitrc for also uploading this to the site:
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...ingPartsGuide/

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Team Associated B74.1

Well, there it is:

https://www.liverc.com/news/new-team...ed-b741d-kits/
Old 08-18-2020, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
It's so pretty! I want to touch it!
Old 08-18-2020, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Be as light as the new TLR? As much as I love my eb410.2, tempted to get one of these for stock racing. Tekno is a bit heavy, and think that 1/2 sec per lap might make a difference. But Tekno for Mod!

Old 08-18-2020, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sea1swk
Be as light as the new TLR? As much as I love my eb410.2, tempted to get one of these for stock racing. Tekno is a bit heavy, and think that 1/2 sec per lap might make a difference. But Tekno for Mod!

Maybe they'll come out with a Stock Spec version like Losi and Kyosho did. Those are pretty stinking light cars.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Variable height diffs gone?
Old 08-18-2020, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
Variable height diffs gone?
It looks like it still has them.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally includes machined shock internals and xrings. But, still no fox shock bodies or chrome shock shafts. So, only another $80 to upgrade the shocks instead of $100 😩
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4times
Finally includes machined shock internals and xrings. But, still no fox shock bodies or chrome shock shafts. So, only another $80 to upgrade the shocks instead of $100 😩
I don’t think it has machined internals. It’s rediculous that AE has still been putting the other shock parts in the kits as manufacturing costs for the machined internals/etc can’t be much different. A racing company supposedly so their should be no choice on these things,put the best stuff in these high dollar kits including the Kashima shocks and better shafts. Now they dropped the Map price down on a better car,it only goes to show that the B74 was always overpriced. It’s all about the money to them and nothing else. Charge Xray prices,put Xray quality in the kits without the manual mishaps etc...
Losi boy and Rcdad42 like this.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 4times
But why do you need those things?
I've never used either the fox bodies or chrome shafts and doesn't seem to hinder the performance of my cars, looking forward to another A final at the weekend using the kit spec bits ;-)
I do agree that the machined shock seal spacers help the shocks last longer between rebuilds though.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RogerM
I've never used either the fox bodies or chrome shafts and doesn't seem to hinder the performance of my cars, looking forward to another A final at the weekend using the kit spec bits ;-)
I do agree that the machined shock seal spacers help the shocks last longer between rebuilds though.
Because they are available and cost AE the same money to produce them,if there is a chance to make my cars any better I want them, this is competition and I race on the highest level. Are you suggesting that AE makes these parts for no other reason to take more of our money? Are they used by the top drivers only for marketing then because they are the same as the stock parts? If I can feel a difference in smoothness on the bench with these then there must be an improvement on the track,no?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
If I can feel a difference in smoothness on the bench with these then there must be an improvement on the track,no?
what it feels like on the bench doesn’t matter - only what the clock says counts for anything in racing.

So unless you back to back both on the same day under same conditions you won’t know the answer!
Old 08-19-2020, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
what it feels like on the bench doesn’t matter - only what the clock says counts for anything in racing.

So unless you back to back both on the same day under same conditions you won’t know the answer!
if there is a difference on the bench then there is a difference on the track, the rest of your statement is very true
Old 08-19-2020, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerM
I wasn't implying they are needed. They're not. Probably makes no difference to most of us. I'm just saying it's a team kit and the team drivers all use these shock parts on their set up sheets, so would be nice if they were included even if kit price was slightly higher. I didn't mean for it to come across as complaining.... meant it more as a convenience thing.
RogerM and BmainStar like this.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
Because they are available and cost AE the same money to produce them,if there is a chance to make my cars any better I want them, this is competition and I race on the highest level. Are you suggesting that AE makes these parts for no other reason to take more of our money? Are they used by the top drivers only for marketing then because they are the same as the stock parts? If I can feel a difference in smoothness on the bench with these then there must be an improvement on the track,no?
I'm not convinced you're able to feel a difference on the bench. Can you describe your testing method? Also include measures you took to eliminate personal bias from your test.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sheppy
I'm not convinced you're able to feel a difference on the bench. Can you describe your testing method? Also include measures you took to eliminate personal bias from your test.
very easily see a difference with the Losi shock measure force matching tool,I performed the test with 2 identical built and bled brand new shocks one without Kashima and chrome and one shock with them. All new orings and internals. The shock built with the better parts has less resistance very consistently. I race a lot 2-3 times per week am at the track and I go through parts very quickly, I was hoping to save some money but it has proved that there is a difference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.